UT celebrates Multi-Modal WeekBy Casey Cheap : April 22nd, 2013
The University of Toledo is celebrating Multi-Modal Week, formerly known as Bike Week, to encourage students, faculty and staff to walk, bike or ride a bus — as opposed to driving personal vehicles.
Listed by date, daily events will include:
• Monday, April 22: Ottawa Park Bike Ride, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. starting in Parking Area 25 by Rocket Hall;
• Tuesday, April 23: Earth Fest 2013, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Centennial Mall with free bike tune-ups by Toledo Bikes, as well as several other events;
• Wednesday, April 24: Wildwood Park Bike Ride, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. starting in Parking Area 25 by Rocket Hall;
• Thursday, April 25: Lunch walk with Dianna Watts, UT transit services coordinator, noon starting at the bike path near the Transportation Center; and
• Friday, April 26: Critical Mass Bike Ride, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., starting on Centennial Mall.
Multi-Modal Week is sponsored by the Complete Streets Committee.
For more information, call 419.530.1026 or email email@example.com.